Terms & Conditions
By using this site you acknowledge that GeneAidyx, LLC is providing the material for informational purposes only and that neither GeneAidyx, LLC nor their agents, affiliates, partners, or licensors are providing the materials to you for the purposes of giving you medical advice. You should not rely solely on the materials in deciding on a treatment plan, drug usage, or any other medical advice regarding the materials.
By using this website, you accept the information, products, and services provided herein "as is". GeneAidyx, LLC, makes no express or implied warranty regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within this website, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
In no event shall GeneAidyx, LLC or its agents, affiliates, partners, or licensors be liable for any direct, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss related to the use of our websites, whether in an action of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, or other tortious action arising out of or in connection with the use of the materials contained on this site.
User Agreement for MyAlphaKit.com Users
This User Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which you (the healthcare provider) may access and use MyAlphaKit.com. Violations of this User Agreement may result in the termination of your access to and use of the information contained in MyAlphaKit.com and/or MyAlphaKit.com’s services without notice, in addition to other legal remedies available to GeneAidyx.
Purpose: You may access MyAlphaKit.com only to provide information to, and receive information from, GeneAidyx related only to the patients for whom you are seeking alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency genetic test results. You may not use MyAlphaKit.com for any other purpose. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the data that you submit into MyAlphaKit.com. By executing this agreement, you hereby acknowledge and agree that GeneAidyx is relying on you with respect to the accuracy of the data provided by you and is in no event assuming any responsibility of such data in the system.
As a MyAlphaKit.com User, you agree to do all of the following:
- Keep secure and confidential all personal information of patients and others whose personal information, including medical information, you may access on MyAlphaKit.com.
- Only use the information on MyAlphaKit.com for the Purpose stated above.
- Obtain patient consent for alpha-1-antitrypsin genetic testing and the transmission of your patients’ test results electronically.
- Notify GeneAidyx by email at MyAlphaKit@GeneAidyx.com if you believe that any of the personal information on this site has been inappropriately transferred, used, copied or in any other way disclosed.
- Notify GeneAidyx when you no longer need access to MyAlphaKit.com by phone at 866.522.0692 or by email at MyAlphaKit@GeneAidyx.com.
As a MyAlphaKit.com User, you agree to:
- NEVER Download or transfer by any means (electronic, digital, or otherwise), to any electronic media, computer, application, or similar device (including, for example, laptops, CDs, DVDs, USB thumb drives, etc.) or to any other website, blog or other public or private site, any personal information contained on MyAlphaKit.com other than as necessary to support your office's provision of care to the patient. If you choose to print any information from MyAlphaKit.com, you must protect it and handle it according to your office's information privacy, and security policies / laws as applicable.
- NEVER transcribe any personal information from MyAlphaKit.com to paper or other non-electronic medium other than as necessary to support your office's provision of care to the patient.
- Acknowledge that if you download, record, or transfer patients' personal information for purposes other than the provision of care to the patient, such action may violate federal or state law, which may result in civil fines and criminal prosecution of you and your employer.
- NEVER share your account username or password(s) with anyone, including other staff, friends, family or other third parties.
- NEVER post or submit personally identifiable information of any person for whom you do not have a signed HIPAA privacy release.
- NEVER collect, store, or publish personally identifiable information, such as health information, passwords, account information, financial information, addresses, or other contact information about a patient without that patient's informed consent.
- NEVER use information obtained from MyAlphaKit.com in any way that is detrimental to GeneAidyx or its customers, representatives, or agents, nor in any way use information obtained from MyAlphaKit.com in any way that is detrimental to any patient whose information is on MyAlphaKit.com.
Additional Responsibilities of Office Managers and Physicians:
- Provide guidelines and reasonable training of office staff in acceptable use, policies, and responsibilities governing use of the Client Portal.
- Request unique user logins for each office employee and promptly request logins for new office employees.
- Monitor use of the Client Portal by your staff to protect available or downloaded patient information.
- Promptly remove user access of terminated employees.
- Set and keep current the appropriate access level for each office employee.
- Limit access to the Client Portal to only those of your office staff with an actual need to access patient information.
- Update the physicians’ office information (address, phone numbers, etc.) when changes occur.
Additional Responsibilities of Physicians:
- If you are a physician, you hereby agree that you are ultimately responsible for managing staff access and roles. It is your responsibility to periodically review and modify or delete staff member accounts when they are terminated or change roles to ensure staff access levels are appropriate